Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rose Bowl Flea Market

Today we went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, California! Eeek! I have been wanting to go ever since I moved here in April. Our time here in California is running out very soon, so Duke and I decided not to wait until next month to go. I was very excited.

All in all, it was fun. It was so hot today in Pasadena. It made me super thankful that we have been able to live on the coast all this time where there is always a nice, cool breeze.

To compare the Rose Bowl to other flea markets, there are definitely better ones to go to. Like the Long Beach Antique Market. Overall, I would say that the Rose Bowl has more clothing than anything. There's also a ton of junk. And not the good kind. Long Beach has way more antiques. And that's basically what I am all about when I go flea marketing....errr...whatever it's called.

Here it is. What you can't see are the HUGE mountains all around it. So cool.





Four lemonades, one taco, and a lot of walking later, here are my goodies. Two pieces of vintage Pyrex and a vintage mod enamel Dutch oven. Love. Duke put the handle back on, but I forgot to take an "after" photo.
Here is the new home for this guy.
And this guy. And I'm super proud of Duke for trucking through hours of junking and feeding me lemonade. Thanks for reading. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment