Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Riding Lesson #7

Hey ya'll!!!! (In case you were wondering, I'm practicing for my move back to NC). That's right, ya'll.

Just thought I'd give ya'll an update on my lesson that was last night. This was lesson number seven. I have six more to go before we leave.

I am starting to get emotional about leaving. A few nights ago, Duke and I were sitting on the couch and I just started with the waterworks. One of my parents' sweet kitties had to be put to sleep last week after sixteen years, so I was already emotional from the loss of him. We were on the couch and I just started crying because I am going to miss Artie (my super special lesson horse) so much when we leave. I get super attached to all the horses that I have ever ridden....it's just a problem for me.

I also got emotional before we left the San Diego Zoo. I know. Crazy, right? But, it's probably the last time we'll ever be at the San Diego Zoo! Duke says that when we leave Cali to drive back to NC, I'll probably cry all the way to Arizona. Haha. He's probably right.

Well, I had a great lesson on Artie last night. He is such a good boy.





I am super grateful that I have been able to take lessons out here. Duke has been super supportive of my (expensive!) habit. He goes to my lessons every week, takes photos, videos, gives me water so I don't pass out, and then he always buys us food on the way home. I married such a good guy. <3

1 comment:

  1. It's a problem for me too. Horse withdrawls are terrible. :(

    ReplyDelete