Friday, August 10, 2012

Horses

Have I mentioned how much I love horses? Well, I sure do! Moving all the way to California and leaving my horse back in North Carolina was hard. His name is Cory and he is an adorable 25-year-old chestnut Arabian. I've had him since I was in the eighth grade and he is the best horse ever. Now that he's 25, it makes me sad to know that his show days are over, but he is very happily semi retired at a Girl Scout camp where he is loved by many little girls.



  Such a cutie pie. 

I've been dying to get into riding lessons since we moved out here. I haven't taken lessons in three years! Why? Because back home, I worked all the time. That's another story. Well, I'm out in California now and I don't have a job. Duke thought it seemed pointless because we will be gone before the end of the year. The bad thing about not having a job out here is that I haven't made any friends. Well, I have one friend that is cool, but her and her husband live off base. I have tried and tried to be friends with some of my neighbors. I thought that us living on base would be fun. And it is, just not in the way I thought. I thought it would be like living in a tiny little cute community where everyone was friends with everyone. Not the case. Everyone here just wants to be left alone. It gets so lonely when Duke is gone. Duke has friends out here. Lots of them. And they are all really cool and nice. But, none of them have girlfriends or wives. I don't get it. 

I felt guilty asking Duke for riding lessons, because I don't work and we are hoping to buy a house in a few months. Well, Duke must have been feeling sorry for me. Haha. He took me to visit some barns a couple of weeks ago, and we decided that there was one we liked the best. I had my first lesson last night and it was amazing!!! I rode this 17.1 hh horse named Artie. He is so sweet and adorable. I just love him already.






I can't wait until next week. Duke went to my lesson like a trooper and snapped some pictures and videos. He's such a great husband. He takes care of me, lets me ride, and he loves my dog. He even offered to work on my instructor's tractor in exchange for an extra lesson for me every week. He is so sweet and such a great man. I am proud everyday to be his wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment