Tuesday, August 21, 2012

About Me

Whew! I know I haven't blogged in awhile, but I have been super busy. I had my bestie come all the way from North Carolina to visit for a few days. She is a really super cool and awesome person.

I thought I would post a few basic things about me. I know. I'm really not that interesting, but here it is. :)



I wake up early in the morning when Duke has to get up (usually 5:30 - 6:30 am) and make his breakfast and lunch. I don't think it would be fair for me to stay in the bed when he has to get up. Although, sometimes I take a nap in the day. That's a secret.

My favorite colors are aqua, yellow, orange, and pink.

My favorite food is a grilled cheese, preferably from Mimi's Cafe. So simple, but soo tasty.

I hoard collect vintage kitchen wares. 

I love to read. I really cannot decide what my favorite book is, but the worst books I've ever read were the books in the "Fifty Shades" trilogy. What an absurd waste of time. They are poorly written and utterly unbelievable. I'm also pretty sure they were written by a sixteen-year-old.

My (current) favorite bands are One Republic, The Black Keys, The Civil Wars, The Lumineers, and Florence + The Machine. They are all amazing and I never get tired of listening to any of them.

My favorite television show right now is "Bunheads!" Yes, it's for teenagers and I feel somewhat ridiculous. But it's clever and witty. I also like "New Girl."

I love, love, LOVE to wear dresses, but somehow, I always end up wearing a tee shirt and jeans instead. I know.

My favorite store is Anthropologie, but it's wayyy too expensive! Target wins second place.

I love to cook, but I wish I was better at it already. I have some work to do. I think I'm probably much better at baking.

I am a super freak about the house being clean. Seriously. I don't feel like the sink is clean if there are water spots. I don't feel like the carpet is clean if there are not vacuum lines. I know. I think I might have a problem.

I hate washing dishes, but I never use the dishwasher because I don't think that it gets the dishes clean enough.

I'm pretty sure I love my dog way too much. I can't imagine ever having a dog that I will love more. Her name is Breena and she is eight years old.

I hate Summer. Spring and Fall are awesome.

I love to antique shop. Thrift stores are pretty cool, too.

I live on a military base in a cute little duplex style house. I love it. I'm so attached to this place, that I am sure I will cry my eyes out when we leave!

~

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Emily! Ur blog is cute..I've got one too ans the worst at keeping it updated (I hope im logged in so the right profile comes up lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks so much!!! I've tried to keep two before, and it never worked! Haha! But, I am definitely going to stick with this one. :) I've got to check out your blog!!!

      Delete